Last Updated: Aug 16, 2016 Views: 1116
Here is how to download an eBook/eAudiobook from the SFPL Axis 360 platform to your mobile device:
1. From our homepage www.sfpl.org hover over the eLIBRARY tab and select eBOOKS
2. Select the very first option, Axis 360.
3. This will take you to the SFPL’s Axis 360 platform, which they call the Magic Wall. From here you can search for an eBook or eAudiobook and download it. Click on the magnifying glass on the top, right side of the screen.
4. For this example, I did a generic search for ‘dogs.’ Find the title you want and click the CHECKOUT button. Make sure you choose the correct format - the headphones icon is for eAudiobooks, the 'e' icon is for eBooks.
5. If you haven't logged in to your Axis 360 account yet, you will see a pop up window asking for your SFPL library card number and PIN. Enter that information in and click LOGIN. You will have to use your full 14 digit library card number and the PIN associated with your library account.
6. You will be taken to the MY STUFF tab, where you will see all the titles you have checked out from SFPL's Axis 360. If you want to read the title on an eReader without wireless capabilities, or read the title directly on your personal computer, click the DOWNLOAD button next to the title you want to read.
7. To read the eBook on a mobile device, go the Axis 360 app on your mobile device, and tap on the MY STUFF link at the bottom right side of your screen.
8. Find the title you want to read and tap on the DOWNLOAD NOW link.
9. The item will begin downloading – making sure you are in a place with a strong wifi signal will ensure it downloads quickly. You can see the progress of the download.
10. Once it has finished, you will be able to read it on your device.
Chat & Phone Hours