Last Updated: Aug 16, 2016 Views: 393
1. From our homepage www.sfpl.org, hover over the eLIBRARY tab and select eBOOKS.
2. Click on the link for the very first result, AXIS 360.
3. You are now in SFPL's Axis 360 Platform catalog. Type the title, author, or keyword of the eBook you are looking for in the search box on the top right side of the screen. I am doing a search for 'foxes' for this example. Hit enter on your keyboard or click on the magnifying glass to conduct the search.
4. Find the title you want and select the eBook format - the headphones symbol will be for an eAudiobook, so make sure to choose the title with the 'e' icon - click the CHECKOUT button.
5. You will get a pop up box asking you to enter your library card number and PIN; enter your full 14 digit SFPL library card number and the PIN associated with your library card.
6. You will be redirected to the MY STUFF tab listing all the titles you have currently checked out from the Axis 360 platform. If the title was available, you can now download it by clicking the DOWNLOAD button.
7. You should get a pop up window asking you where you want to save the downloaded eBook. I am going to save it to the Desktop to make things easy; you can also change the name of the file if you have lots of eBooks and want to organize them.
8. Now, you will open up your Adobe Digital Editions software on your computer, and drag the eBook file into it.
9. It will load - make sure you have a strong internet connection - and you will be able to read the eBook right on your computer. You can see all the eBooks you have loaded into Adobe Digital Editions via the LIBRARY button.
Chat & Phone Hours