Last Updated: May 18, 2016 Views: 433
Here are instructions on how to access a title via Hoopla. Note, Hoopla is a mostly a streaming service, meaning you cannot download it, you can only stream it via wifi. Some titles allow you to download to a mobile device or a computer, but many of them are streaming only, and will require a wifi signal to access.
1. From our home page www.sfpl.org, type the title you are looking for into the main search box at the top of the screen and click the magnifying glass or hit enter on your keyboard.
2. Click on the link that says INSTANTLY AVAILABLE ON HOOPLA.
3. This will open up Hoopla in a new window. Click on the BORROW button.
4. Now you will have to log in to your Hoopla account, or create one if you have not already done so. Hoopla requires an email address and a current library card. You will also have to create a password.
5. Once you have registered/logged in correctly, you will have checked out the item. There will be information about how long you have the item checked out for in the green bar at the top of the screen. Press the PLAY button to stream the title instantly.
6. A new window will open up where you can control the playback and volume of the title. You will have to have a wifi connection to listen or watch anything on Hoopla.
Patrons will find wireless networks at all buildings in the San Francisco Public Library system. For locations of access points in the Main Library, see map.
7. You can always access your titles by clicking on the HOOPLA symbol on the top of the screen.
8. This will take you back to a screen showing you what titles you have checked out, and you can search and add more via the Search box at the top of the screen.
Chat & Phone Hours