Last Updated: Jan 25, 2017 Views: 172
The BiblioCommons catalog layer is an online and mobile service that makes it easier to track hold requests and renewals and find the titles you are looking for. It also serves as a social engagement platform for library users and staff.
8 Reasons to Sign Up to Use the New Catalog Features
- Sign up and create a username
- An easy to remember username means faster login to your library account. Enter your library card barcode number and PIN/password at: sfpl.bibliocommons.com/user/login to create a user name.
- Forgot your library card?
- Login with your username to find your account number, so you can reserve a computer and use databases.
Login with your username and PIN/password.
- One Click Holds
- Skip the step of selecting a pickup location.
Set up your preferred location.
Login; then click: My SFPL > Holds > My Borrowing > Turn On
- A place to organize everything you want and everything already read, seen or heard.
Login, then click: My SFPL > My Shelves
- eBooks Checked Out & On Hold
- All your eBook details from Axis 360 and OverDrive in one place.
Login, then click My SFPL
- Follow & Message
- Keep tabs on what others (including librarians) are reading and recommending.
Login, then click: Explore > Staff Picks. Click a list then Follow
- You decide how much or how little of your shelves you’d like to share with others. Complete privacy for those under age 13.
Login, then click: My Settings > Privacy
- Tag, Add Video, Annotate
- Add your own notes and contribute to a better catalog for everyone.
Login, find a title, click it, then click: Add Details, Add Comment, or Add Tag
There are SFPL created videos to find out more:
Use of the BiblioCommons catalog layer is optional. Library users will continue to have the option to use the Library’s existing Classic Catalog. You can always find the Classic Catalog in the footer at the bottom of every page.
Chat & Phone Hours