Last Updated: Dec 16, 2016 Views: 68
Preferred Search is a feature that allows you to stay informed about new materials added to the San Francisco Public Library collection. For example, you can select to be notified by email when a new book by your favorite author comes in. A preferred search can be for an author, a title, a subject or even a keyword. A total of 25 preferred searches can be stored to your account.
To Create a Preferred Search
- Log in to your Classic Catalog library account
- Choose Search the Catalog.
- Perform your search. For example, if you wish to be notified about new books by a preferred author, select Author in either the drop-down menu or the Author link. Type the author's name in the search box and click the Search Catalog button.
- Click the Save as Preferred Search button.
- Now click the Library Record button.
- Select Preferred Searches.
- Click in the check box below the Mark for Email column.
- Click the Update List button. When the San Francisco Public Library receives a new title by your Preferred Search author (or new items according to what you entered as your Preferred Search), you will receive an email message.
Chat & Phone Hours