Last Updated: Jan 04, 2017 Views: 20
Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) is software developed by Adobe that allows you to download, read, and transfer eBooks on Windows and Mac computers. It an alternate way to read ePub eBooks, checked out from the OverDrive or Axis360 platforms, if you are unable to use the OverDrive or Axis360 apps. The software will also allow you to read PDF eBooks checked out from OverDrive.
Checking out eBooks from OverDrive and reading them in Adobe Digital Editions
Before you can download eBooks to ADE, you'll need to sign into ADE with an Adobe ID or OverDrive account. This authorizes your computer to download protected eBooks from your library.
Once ADE is authorized, you can download EPUB or PDF eBooks from your library, and they should open automatically in ADE.
- How to reinstall Adobe Digital Editions for Windows
- How to manually install Adobe Digital Edition for Mac
- How to return eBooks using Adobe Digital Editions
- How to authorize Adobe Digital Editions on a computer
- How to deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions on a computer
Checking out eBooks from Axis360 and reading them in Adobe Digital Editions
If you plan to use Adobe Digital Editions for eBooks checked out from the Axis360 platform, be sure to select the ePub download format.
Chat & Phone Hours