Last Updated: Jul 14, 2017 Views: 27
Libby is a reading app for borrowing digital books and audiobooks from the library's OverDrive collection. This free app, created by OverDrive, is available for Android, iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch), and Windows 10 devices. Libby is highly recommended for those new to borrowing eBooks and eAudiobooks.
Here are the steps to install and use the Libby app.
- Install the Libby app from your device's app store.
- Open the app and find San Francisco Public Library. You can also search for the library by name, city, or zip code.
- Browse the library's collection and borrow a title. When prompted, sign in with your 14-digit library card number and PIN.
- Borrowed titles appear on your Shelf and download to the app automatically so you can read them when you're offline.
From your Shelf, you can
- Tap Start Reading or Start Listening to open a title.
- Tap the cover image, then Send to Device to send a book to Kindle.
If you can't get Libby on your device, you can try using the original OverDrive app. For more help, visit help.overdrive.com.
Chat & Phone Hours