Last Updated: May 25, 2017 Views: 217
You can use LibraryElf, the 3rd party service SFPL subscribes to on your behalf, to:
- receive text message alerts* for items due and holds ready for pickup.
- receive email and/or RSS alerts when and as often as you choose.
- consolidate the accounts of multiple library cards. Accounts can be from SFPL and from other library systems which subscribe to Library Elf.
- use a calendar display to view when your items are due and when holds expire.
*Charges from your text messaging provider may apply.
You can view a real-time demonstration of Library Elf by going to the demo page.
Is the Library Elf service free?
- Yes. The San Francisco Public Library (SFPL) has subscribed to Library Elf and library users can receive the multiple-cards premium service at no cost. Charges from your text messaging provider may apply.
How do I create a Library Elf account?
- Visit Library Elf to set up an account with your email address and a password.
- Add your library card by selecting CA – San Francisco Public Library (subscriber) from the list of libraries and by entering your library card number and PIN.
- Specify the types of reminder notices you would like to receive, how you would like to receive them (email, RSS and/or text message) and how frequently.
- Confirm your subscription by clicking the link that Library Elf sent to your registered email.
If I choose text message alerts with Elf, can I turn off my other alerts from SFPL?
- No. You will still receive notifications directly from SFPL, in the method of your choosing, including: email or telephone notice. In addition, borrowers are still subject to all of the same SFPL card holder procedures and responsibilities.
Important Privacy Notice
Chat & Phone Hours