Last Updated: Oct 05, 2017 Views: 607
San Francisco Public Library cardholders can use Internet computers for up to 2 hours per day, per library, depending on availability.
- You can use hoopla Viewing Stations for up to 3 hours per day.
- Bring your own headphones or ear buds.
- Login at any available computer with your library card number and PIN / Password.
- Reserve a computer for today, tomorrow, or the next day.
- Computers are not available 15 minutes prior to closing.
How do I login to a Library computer?
- Sit down at any available Internet computer and Click Log In as Patron.
- Click the language button to change to Spanish or Chinese.
- Enter your library card number in the first box.
- Enter your PIN / Password in the second box.
- Click Log In.
- Review your reservation and click Confirm.
- Review the SFPL Computer Use policy and click Accept. Click Decline to start over.
- During your session, you will receive pop-up time limit warnings, at 10, 4, and 1 minute before the end of the session. To log out, close all windows, then click the End Session button.
How do I make a reservation for a Library computer?
- Click Reserve Computers
- Select your Library location from the dropdown menu.
- Enter your Library card number and PIN / Password.
- Select an area (Adult, Children, Hoopla, etc.) or a specific computer.
- Select a date and time.
- Click Accept.
- Make a note of the station number, date, and time. Login to that station no later than 10 minutes after the reservation start time.
- You can reserve a computer for today, tomorrow, or the next day.
- You can reserve a 2nd hour during or after your 1st hour of use.
- You can make a reservation as long as you have at least 10 minutes remaining in your daily allotment.
What happens if I am late for my reservation?
Reservations are held for 10 minutes. If you do not login, your session is canceled and 10 minutes is deducted from your daily allotment. You can make another reservation if you wish.
How do I save my place if I have to leave the workstation during my session?
- Click the Other Options button in the bottom corner of the screen.
- Click the Lock This Screen button.
- Enter a temporary PIN / Password that you will use to login when you return.
- Click Lock This Screen.
- When you come back, enter your temporary PIN / Password and click Resume Session.
- If you don't enter your PIN within 15 minutes, your session will end.
- Time spent on standby is deducted from your daily allotment.
Chat & Phone Hours