Last Updated: Mar 15, 2018 Views: 13094
Renewing an Axis360 title
If the title is available, you may renew it through the Axis 360 mobile app or Axis 360 website three days before the loan period ends. Unlike print books, you will need to download a fresh copy of the title once your current loan has expired. Unfortunately, the Library cannot extend the loan period for digital titles.
Renewing in iOS (iPhone/iPad)
Click on the book icon (MyStuff), locate the title to be renewed, and then tap the Renew button and confirm. The new expiration date will appear in the item's detail page. If a title isn't available for renewal, you may place a hold.
Renewing in Android and Kindle Fire
Click on the book icon (My Stuff), locate the title to be renewed, and then tap the Renew button and confirm. The new expiration date will appear in the item's detail page. If a title isn't available for renewal, you may place a hold.
Renew on the Axis 360 website
Go to the Library’s Axis 360 website, log on with your 14-digit library card number and PIN, click My Stuff, and renew your items on your Checked Out list by clicking the RENEW button and confirm. The new expiration date will appear in the item's detail page. If a title isn't available for renewal, you may place a hold.
Vendor Help Links:
You will receive a courtesy email notice from Amazon 72 hours (3 days) before the title is set to expire. If the title is available to borrow, you will have the option to renew it at this time.
- Sign into your Account at sfpl.overdrive.com or through the OverDrive app.
- On your Loans/Checkouts page, select the Renew link next to the title you'd like to renew.
Note: This link will appear three days before the title is set to expire.
- Enter and confirm your email address in the renewal form, then select Renew. If you want the title to be automatically borrowed again for you as soon as your current checkout expires (instead of being held for you on your Holds page), make sure that "Automatically borrow this title at the time of renewal" is selected.
- Once you renew a title, you will see a checkmark and the word Renewed next to that title on your Checkouts page. You can also see which titles you've scheduled to renew on your Holds page.
- As soon as your current checkout expires, you'll receive an email with instructions on how to access the title again. You'll either be instructed to find the renewed title on your Checkouts page (if you had it automatically borrowed for you at the time of renewal) or to borrow the title again from your Holds page.
Please note that renewing a title does not mean that it is automatically re-downloaded to your computer or device. If you'd like to re-download your renewed title, you'll have to go back to your Checkouts page and download it again.
Renewing from the library website / BiblioCommons / Classic catalog
Chat & Phone Hours