Last Updated: Mar 12, 2018 Views: 1603
Request / Hold Items
- Find the item in the Classic Catalog.
- From a list of search results, click on the title of the item.
- Click the button near the top of the screen to request the title displayed.
- Follow the instructions on the following screen by entering your Library card number, PIN/password and Pickup Location from the drop-down menu, and clicking the button.
- You will see a screen with the title of the item you requested and your pickup location to which the first available copy will be delivered. If the item you requested has more than one volume, you will see a list from which you may select the volume number and location. Choose the volume you wish to select and click on the button at the end of the list.
You may place up to 20 requests at a time. When the item you requested is available for you to pick up, you will receive a notice via email, telephone, or U.S. mail. Items are held for ten (10) days and then returned to circulation if not picked up.
Cancel Requests / Holds
To cancel a request / hold, login to your Classic Catalog account online and tick the box under the "cancel" column, then click "update list."
On the next screen, confirm the cancellation by clicking "yes."
Postal, telephone, or email alerts are sent when requested materials are ready for pick up. You can change your notice preference at any time:
- Log In to Your Record.
- Click Modify Personal Information.
- Select: Postal Mail, Telephone, or Email.
If you choose Postal Mail or Telephone, make sure no email address is entered in the Email Address box. If you choose email, enter your email address, and click OK.
Request / Hold Status
- 10 of 24 holds (for example) means you are number 10 out of 24 people waiting for that particular title.
- CHECK SHELF means your hold has not yet been pulled for you, and should be available and ready to pick up soon.
- IN TRANSIT means your hold has been pulled and is on its way to the location you selected for pick-up.
- PROCESSING HOLD means that the item has been checked in, but is not yet on the hold shelf.
- Ready. Must Pick up by, followed by a date, means the material(s) you have requested will be at the location you have selected and will be held for you until the date indicated.
Ensure Your Items Don't Arrive while You're Out of Town
If you're going on vacation and don't want to lose your place in line, you can place a FREEZE on your items
- Log in to Your Library Record.
- Click Requests (Holds).
- Tick the FREEZE box and click UPDATE LIST.
Please note: Not all requests can be frozen. A check box will appear next to each request that can be frozen. When no box appears next to the item, the request cannot be frozen since the system has already set aside an item to fill your request.
When you come back from vacation, log in to Your Library Record, deselect your items and click on UPDATE LIST.
Chat & Phone Hours