Last Updated: Sep 10, 2019 Views: 18501
The Library provides free online access to the New York Times on Internet computers at the Main Library and Branches, and 72-hour offsite access through our website by code activation.
Access outside the library
- Click on the New York Times Digital code redemption link.
- *Click Redeem to get 72 hours of continuous access.
- **Register with your personal email address, or click on “log in here” if you have already created an account. To protect your privacy, we recommend that you do not use the Facebook and Google login methods.
Once you have created your account (or have logged in), you will receive an email confirmation of your 72-hour, unlimited access to New York Times Digital (pictured below). If you do not receive this confirmation email, please review the above instructions to ensure that you have completed each step.
* After the first 72 hours have passed, you will need to redeem another code for another 72 hours of remote access (i.e. Repeat Step 2). This is the licensing model that New York Times has negotiated with public libraries.
** Please be advised that registering an email address with New York Times Digital will opt you into receiving email marketing communications from the New York Times. To opt out of receiving mailings, follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of these messages.
Access on library computers:
- Go to the eMagazines & eNews page and click on New York Times Digital (best viewed on Internet stations).
- **Click “Log In” and then “Sign Up” to create an account with your personal email address, or log in if you have already created an account. To protect your privacy, we recommend that you do not use the Facebook and Google login methods.
- Click through 11+ articles during your session to ensure you do not hit the NYT pay wall.
Using New York Times Digital App
The New York Times Digital app is free and available for the following operating systems:
- Fire tablets
Please visit your device's app store to get the app. Follow the Access outside the library instructions above to access New York Times Digital on the app.
If you're using a mobile device, open your device’s browser to the New York Times page with the remote access link to get the access code, not the New York Times app itself. Then, once you launch the NYT app and sign in with the email address you used to register, the code will have already been applied.
Library Subscription Vs. Individual Subscription
While the library subscription includes access to many areas of New York Times Digital, there are some features and sections reserved for individual subscribers.
Chat & Phone Hours