Last Updated: Jan 04, 2017 Views: 1298
To place a hold on an item in the catalog, here are the steps:
1. From www.sfpl.org, click on the LOG IN link on the very top right side of the screen.
2. You will be taken to a log in screen.
You can enter in your library card number and PIN.
3. Once you are logged in, search for the item you are looking for in the main Search Box on the right side.
4. Once you have found the item you are looking for click on the little green box on the right side of the title that says PLACE A HOLD.
5. A drop down box will appear wherein you can choose which SFPL branch you want the item to be sent. Choose your preferred branch and hit the blue CONFIRM HOLD button.
6. If the hold was successful a green box will appear telling you so.
If the item is not able to be placed on hold or your account has too many holds, the box will tell you the hold was unsuccessful.
7. You will also see the box next to the title says CANCEL HOLD - if you click that the hold will be cancelled. Alternately, you can check on the status of all your holds at any time after you have logged in by clicking on the YOUR USER NAME tab on the top, right side of the screen, and selecting ON HOLD from the drop down menu.
8. You can see which holds are ready to pick up, which are in transit, and which ones are not ready yet. For the latter, you can see how many copies SFPL has and what your place in line is. You can also CANCEL or PAUSE holds from this screen.
Chat & Phone Hours