Last Updated: May 18, 2017 Views: 673
You may borrow for up to 21 days. Most items are eligible for up to 3 renewals of 21 days each. See exceptions below, including LINK+ and InterLibrary Loan items.
You can renew materials online by logging in to your library card account:
- Login to your Classic Catalog account at https://sflib1.sfpl.org/patroninfo
- Login to your BibiliCommons Catalog account at https://sfpl.bibliocommons.com/user/login
- Renew with staff assistance via Chat at https://sfpl.org/contactus
- Renew ebooks
Renew By Telephone
To renew items by telephone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, call: (415) 557-4511. See Renew Items by Telephone for detailed information.
Renew In Person
Some items cannot be renewed due to:
- Outstanding holds (requests) by other patrons
- Fines / Fees greater than $10
- An expired Library card account
- Already renewed as many times as is allowed
LINK+ books may eligible for one renewal for an additional 21 days. LINK+ materials cannot be renewed via the SFPL automated telephone renewal service. LINK+ materials cannot be renewed any sooner than 72 hours prior to the due date. Overdue Items might not be eligible for a renewal.
InterLibrary Loan Renewals
- ILL items may be eligible for one renewal. Only ILL staff can renew items; call 415-557-4406. Items that are non renewable will note that on the information band. Overdue items are not eligible for renewal.
Chat & Phone Hours