Last Updated: Jul 21, 2017 Views: 2946
There is a great feature in the BiblioCommons catalog called the FOR LATER shelf where you can place titles you want to read/watch/listen to in the future without putting holds on them.
Here is how to use it:
1. When you have found a title you are interested in, click on the arrow in the box that says FOR LATER, to the right of the title. This will open a drop down menu listing the various SHELVES you can save titles to. The FOR LATER shelf is for titles you want to check out at another time; the IN PROGRESS shelf is for titles you have currently checked out; the COMPLETED shelf is for titles you have read/watched/listened to in the past. Choose FOR LATER.
2. You will be prompted to log in if you have not already done so.
3. A pop up will appear telling you that the title has been added to your FOR LATER shelf. It defaults to being shared publicly on the Bibliocommons platform, but you can change it to private by clicking the link in the pop up.
4. You can access your FOR LATER shelf anytime you are logged in to the Bibliocommons catalog by hovering over YOUR USERNAME on the top, right side of the screen, and selecting FOR LATER SHELF from the drop down menu.
5. You can filter your list by format, author, audience, dated added, etc... making it a very useful resource for saving titles you want to check out later without using up your 20 holds, or having too many items checked out to read at once.
Chat & Phone Hours