To renew items by phone, call: 415-557-4511 and use a touch-tone phone to:
- Renew books and other materials (exceptions are ebooks, ILL, and LINK+).
- Hear a list of checked out materials.
- Hear a list of books on hold / reserve.
- Hear a list of outstanding charges.
How To Renew by Phone:
- Call (415) 557-4511 using a touch-tone telephone.
- Press 1 to access your Library records.
- Listen to the instructions completely and then follow the steps. When entering numbers, press each number slowly. You must enter every digit of your library card number and every digit of the barcode number of each item you want to renew. Both numbers contain 14 digits.
- When entering your library card number you must enter all 14 digits, followed by the pound (#) sign. Note: All Library card numbers begin with the following number sequence: 2 1223... The Menu message will then state five options:
- Enter 1, to renew materials. (You must select option 1 each time you renew another item.)
- Enter 2, for a list of titles checked out.
- Enter 3, for a list of titles on hold.
- Enter 4, for a list of outstanding charges.
- Enter *, to return to the main menu.
Please call 415-557-4400 to report any problems with the telephone renewal system.