Last Updated: Jun 18, 2020 Views: 841
Hoopla Digital Apple TV Instructions
Hoopla Digital account
If you do not already have a Hoopla Digital account go to www.hoopladigital.com/ to register. You will need to provide an email address, create a password, and have your 14-digit San Francisco Public Library card
number ready. (Enter the number with no spaces.)
Install the hoopla Digital Apple TV app.
- Go to the Apple TV App Store and search for the free hoopla Digital app.
- Click to install the app.
Sync up your hoopla account with your Apple TV app.
- Once the Hoopla Digital app is installed on your Apple TV, select it from your apps.
- The Hoopla Digital app opens on Hoopla Digital’s welcome screen. Click to open the next page.
- At the top of the next screen a 4-digit code is displayed. On another device, log into Hoopla Digital's website (www.hoopladigital.com) using a mobile or desktop browser, and visit https://www.hoopladigital.com/link and enter the 4-digit code provided.
- After entering the code, the Hoopla Digital app on your Apple TV should be synced to your existing hoopla Digital account. You will be able to browse and borrow movies and television episodes, music, and audiobook titles from the Hoopla Digital library as well as browse and borrow from your "favorites" list. Remaining borrows for the month will be shown in the app.
Frequently Asked Questions
What versions of Apple TV are supported?
The Hoopla Digital app is available on 4th and 5th generation devices.
Hoopla Digital supports AirPlay on 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation devices.
How do I turn on closed captions on Apple TV?
- Start your video.
- Using your remote, swipe down to access the info, subtitles, and audio information menu.
- Swipe left or right to select subtitles.
- Swipe left or right again to select English.
- Swipe up until the menu goes away and your subtitles will display on screen.
How many items may I borrow from Hoopla Digital per month?
You may borrow 30 items per month. The borrowing limit resets on the first of each calendar month.
How long can I borrow items for?
- Movies and TV shows: 3 days
- Music: 7 days
- eBooks, comics & graphic novels, and e-audiobooks: 21 days
How do I access eBooks on Hoopla Digital or use my phone or tablet?
There is a Hoopla Digital app for Android, Apple, and Kindle Fire devices. You may also use your PC or MacBook.