Last Updated: Jul 07, 2017 Views: 582
Instructions to Request Items Online
- Find the item in the Classic Catalog.
- From a list of search results, click on the title of the item.
- Click the button near the top of the screen to request the title displayed.
- Follow the instructions on the following screen by entering your Library card number, PIN/password and Pickup Location from the drop-down menu, and clicking the button.
- You will see a screen with the title of the item you requested and your pickup location to which the first available copy will be delivered. If the item you requested has more than one volume, you will see a list from which you may select the volume number and location. Choose the volume you wish to select and click on the button at the end of the list.
You may place up to 20 requests at a time. When the item you requested is available for you to pick up, you will receive a notice via email, telephone, or U.S. mail. Items are held for ten (10) days and then returned to circulation if not picked up.
Postal, telephone, or email alerts are sent when requested materials are ready for pick up. Change which form is sent to you by:
- Log In to Your Record, enter your library card number and PIN/password.
- Click Modify Personal Information.
- Choose how you would prefer to receive your notices from the list: Postal Mail, Telephone or Email.
If you choose Postal Mail or Telephone, make sure no email address is entered in the Email Address box. If you choose email, enter your email address, and click on the OK button. Once you choose email notification, you will no longer receive paper notices.
Explanation of Request / Hold Status
- 10 of 24 holds (for example) means you are number 10 out of 24 people waiting for that particular title.
- CHECK SHELF means your hold has not yet been pulled for you, and should be available and ready to pick up soon.
- IN TRANSIT means your hold has been pulled and is on its way to the location you selected for pick-up.
- PROCESSING HOLD means that the item has been checked in, but is not yet on the hold shelf.
- Ready. Must Pick up by, followed by a date, means the material(s) you have requested will be at the location you have selected and will be held for you until the date indicated.
Ensure Your Request Items Don't Arrive while You're Out of Town
If you're going on vacation and don't want to lose your place in line, simply place a FREEZE on your items
- Log in to Your Library Record.
- Click on Requests (Holds).
- Select FREEZE and click on UPDATE LIST.
Please note: Not all requests can be frozen. A check box will appear next to each request that can be frozen. When no box appears next to the item, the request cannot be frozen since the system has already set aside an item to fill your request.
When you come back from vacation, log in to Your Library Record, deselect your items and click on UPDATE LIST.
Chat & Phone Hours