Last Updated: Feb 23, 2018 Views: 169
We have a great resource for reader's advisory/suggested read-alikes called Novelist.
There are a couple ways you can get to it.
1. From our homepage sfpl.org, type a topic you want to find books about in the main search box on the top right side of the screen and click on the magnifying glass or hit enter on your keyboard.
2. This will take you to a search results page. Click on the title that most interests you.
3. You will now be on a title's information page. On the right side is a column called EXPLORE FURTHER.
Under this column will be a link to some read-alikes offered by the Novelist database, as well as links to library staff curated lists that feature similar topics/subjects (if any exist).
4. If you click on one of the Novelist books, you will get a pop up featuring more titles recommended by Novelist. You can explore Novelist easily that way.
5. Additionally, you can get straight into the Novelist database, if you prefer. From our homepage sfpl.org, hover over the eLIBRARY tab and select ARTICLES & DATABASES.
6. Select the A - Z tab, then the letter N. A link to the Novelist databases will be near the bottom of the list. There is one for children's materials, and one for adult materials.
Chat & Phone Hours