Last Updated: Jul 11, 2023 Views: 33323
If you're experiencing a problem with the PressReader content or service, please contact PressReader Support.
Please watch this short, instructional video on how to get started with PressReader. If you are accessing PressReader from home, be sure to sign in from our eMagazines & eNewspapers page.
Within library buildings
- Open a web browser and go to sfpl.org.
- Click on the Research & Learn tab and click on eMagazines & eNews page.
- Scroll down the page and click on PressReader.
- Click on the green Select Publication button or go to the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner to search for specific titles.
Be sure to use a public Internet computer or have your device connect to the #SFLibraryWiFi wireless network.
Outside library buildings
- Follow Steps 1-2 above.
- Sign in with your 14-digit library card and PIN/password.
- Click on the green "Select Publication" button or go to the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner to search for specific titles.
Creating an Optional Account
You may create a PressReader account to share and rate articles in PressReader and participate in related social media activities. But this is an optional feature — you may read PressReader content without having to create a PressReader account.
To create an optional account, use the Facebook, Twitter, Google, or email and password registration options. Note: the "Library Card" registration option is not currently supported.
The PressReader app is free and available for Android and iOS operating systems. To use the PressReader app, you'll need to create a PressReader account. Here are the steps:
- Sign into PressReader with your 14-digit card number and PIN/password through the library website, https://www-pressreader-com.ezproxy.sfpl.org.
- In the upper right corner of the page, click the Sign In link.
- At the bottom of the popup window, click the New User? Sign up now link (see image below).
- Complete the required fields, then click Create My Account.
- Get the free PressReader app for your mobile device.
- Open the PressReader app on your device.
- Sign in with the PressReader account that you created in Step 4.
Once authenticated, you will be given 1 day and 23 hours of complimentary access. When this access period has ended, sign into the PressReader app again.
phone / email / text hours: