Last Updated: May 03, 2018 Views: 485
If you are new to Rosetta Stone, please watch this informative video tutorial (5:46) showing you how to get started. Or you may see the steps to get started below the video.
1. Open a web browser and go to sfpl.org. Click eLibrary and then eLearning.
2. Scroll down the page until you find Language Learning. Click it.
3. Log in with your 14-digit library card number (no spaces) and PIN/password (this is usually 4 digits, unless you changed it to something else).
4. Click Rosetta Stone Library Solution.
5. Enter your email address as your Username and choose a Password. Then choose a Language to Learn. Be sure to remember which language you picked here because you'll be asked to choose the same language again later in the process. Click SIGN IN. Rosetta Stone will now perform a System Check on your web browser to ensure that it's compatibility with the Rosetta Stone software.
6. Choose Language again. Be sure it's the same one you picked before or else an error message will display. Click Continue.
7. Select your course. (This screen may or may not appear, depending on the language you choose.) Most of these courses are similar so if you're unsure about which one to pick, choose the first course. Click Apply Changes.
8. Your language course will now load on your screen. Click the numbered icons to start a Core Lesson.
How many different languages does Rosetta Stone offer?
Can I use the Rosetta Stone app with the library's subscription?
Yes. The Rosetta Stone app is available for Android and iOS devices. Go to your device's app store to get the app.
To use the Rosetta Stone app with the library's subscription:
- Create a Rosetta Stone account through the library's sign-in page. If you've already set up your account, open the app, click the "Sign In" button, and then "Work or School."
- Enter your username, password, and namespace (which is sfpl).
Can library staff show me how to use Rosetta Stone?
Library staff can only provide limited assistance with Rosetta Stone, such as helping you sign into Rosetta Stone from the library's website. Staff can walk you through this process at the Digital Device Drop-in at the Main Library, 5th Floor, The Bridge every Thursday at 4 p.m. or at eResources Help every Friday at 4 p.m.
For help using the Rosetta Stone program, please read the Learner Getting Started Guide.
Chat & Phone Hours