Last Updated: Jul 19, 2018 Views: 11
What You Need
- A valid San Francisco Public Library card
- A computer or mobile device with an Internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Reader
What courses are available?
Gale Courses offers courses in accounting, business, computer applications, finance, technology skills, web design, and much more. See full catalog.
How many courses can I take?
There is no limit, and you can take a course as many times as you need in order to complete it.
Is there a fee to take courses?
No. All courses are free to take.
Where do I find Gale Courses?
Go to sfpl.org/elearning and click Gale Courses.
How do I enroll in a course?
- Find courses by browsing through the categories on the left of your screen or by using the search bar above. Click Enroll Now next to the course of your choice.
- Select your course start date and click Continue.
- Create a free Gale Courses account, or sign in to an existing ed2go account.
- New Students: Enter your email address in the New Student area and click Create Account. Complete the Account and Student Information page and then click Continue.
- Returning Students: Enter your account email and password and then click Sign In.
- You will use your Gale Courses account email and password to log in to the My Classroom area to view your lessons once your session begins.
- Enter your 14-digit SFPL library card number in the box labeled Submit. Then click “Use Library Card” to complete your enrollment.
If you enroll in a course, you must log in and view Lessons 1 and 2 within 13 days after the start date of the course or you will be automatically dropped. If you are dropped from a course, you can enroll again at a later time.
Can I drop a course after I've enrolled?
Yes, but there is no way to manually drop a course. Once enrolled, you must log in and view Lessons 1 or 2 within 13 days after the course start date or you will be automatically dropped. There is no need to contact Gale or the Library about dropping the course afterwards. You will no longer be able to access the class again unless you enroll in a future session.
Who can I contact if I am having technical problems with a course?
Contact Gale Courses by filling out a support case form. Unfortunately, the Library cannot assist you with any technical issues encountered from using Gale Courses.
Chat & Phone Hours