Last Updated: Aug 30, 2021 Views: 1432
How to borrow OverDrive ebooks on your Kobo ereader
With OverDrive on a Kobo Nia, Libra H2O, Forma, Aura ONE, Aura H2O Edition 2, Aura Edition 2, or Clara HD, you can borrow free ebooks from the Library right from your device. Follow the steps below to sign into OverDrive and get started.
Note: If you're using an older Kobo ereader, like an earlier Kobo Aura, Touch 2.0, or Glo, you'll need to transfer library ebooks from a computer using Adobe Digital Editions.
- From the Home screen, tap the menu in the top-left corner.
- Go to Settings > OverDrive.
Note: If you don't see OverDrive, you'll need to add a billing address to your Kobo account.
- Tap Get started.
- Select Sign in to OverDrive.
- Find San Francisco Public Library on the Find a public library page. Tap it to sign in.
- Sign in with your 14-digit SFPL card or an OverDrive account.
- Select Browse to start exploring Kobo's catalog, or select Search to find a specific title.
- Tap an ebook to open its details page, then tap to borrow it or place it on hold (if owned by the Library).
Borrowed ebooks will appear in the My Books section of your Kobo, just like purchased ebooks. Library ebooks are automatically returned at the end of the lending period, so you never have to worry about late fees.
In addition to borrowing ebooks from your Kobo, you can:
- Filter the Kobo catalog so you only see ebooks your library owns.
- Browse the Library's featured collections.
- Read OverDrive ebooks you've borrowed elsewhere (if they're available in the Kobo catalog).
- Renew library ebooks using the Request again option (in the book actions menu). This will let you borrow the ebook again immediately after its lending period expires (if there are no existing holds), or place you on the title's wait list (if there are existing holds).
- Return library ebooks before the end of the lending period.
- View holds you placed on your Kobo and borrow them when they're available.
For more information, or if you need additional assistance with OverDrive on your Kobo, please visit Kobo's help site.
phone / email / text hours: