Last Updated: Apr 27, 2022 Views: 2145
Step 1. Install Adobe Digital Editions on your computer.
Download Adobe Digital Editions and install it your computer.
- Some Kobo devices come with the OverDrive app pre-installed. You may use this app in lieu of Adobe Digital Editions for EPUBs borrowed from OverDrive. But please note that the OverDrive app will be discontinued in February 2022.
- If you want to sync your EPUB across multiple devices, including your Kobo or Nook eReader, you'll need to create an Adobe ID. Once created, open Adobe Digital Editions on each device and sign with this ID before borrowing EPUBs from the Library. Please note that OverDrive does not support the mobile edition of Adobe Digital Editions.
Step 2: Authorize your Kobo or Nook device in Adobe Digital Editions.
- Open Adobe Digital Editions.
- Authorize your Kobo or Nook device:
- Connect your Kobo or Nook device to your computer.
- Follow any instructions on your Kobo or Nook's screen that say "Manage" or "Connect."
- Once your Kobo or Nook is recognized, it should show up as an icon in the left-hand panel of Adobe Digital Editions in "Read" view.
Step 3: Borrow an EPUB ebook.
You may borrow EPUBs from the following locations:
- Axis website (Under the title cover, click "DOWNLOAD.")
- OverDrive website (Under My account, Loans, click "Download EPUB ebook.")
- SFPL BiblioCommons Catalog (At checkout, select EPUB.)
An .ACSM file containing the EPUB will download to your computer (usually to the "Downloads" folder).
Step 4: Transfer the EPUB to your Kobo or Nook device.
- Return to Adobe Digital Editions.
- With your Kobo device still connected, drag and drop the downloaded .ACSM file onto the icon described in Step 2.
- When the EPUB ebook copies over to the device, disconnect it from your computer to start reading.
- Reconnect your Kobo device to your computer to return the ebook early (optional) or to get more EPUBs you've borrowed and downloaded.
Why isn't my ebook showing up on my Kobo device?
Check to see that the ebook has completely copied over to the device or your Kobo device off and then on to make sure it has synched.
Why isn't the Kobo icon displaying in Adobe Digital Editions when I connect my Kobo device?
Some older Kobo devices aren't compatible with the latest edition of Adobe Digital Editions. Try installing an earlier version, such as Adobe Digital Editions 3.0.
Can I sync my EPUB ebook across multiple devices?
Yes, but you'll need to create an Adobe ID. Once created, open Adobe Digital Editions on each device and sign with this ID before borrowing EPUBs from the Library. Please note that OverDrive does not support the mobile edition of Adobe Digital Editions.
Do I have to return my ebook?
No. eBooks expire at the end of the loan, usually in 21 days, so it's not necessary to return them. They will appear as "expired" in Adobe Digital Editions. You will have the option to remove them from your library or leave them there.
phone / email / text hours: