Last Updated: Sep 22, 2023 Views: 108
MyHeritage Library Edition, powered by EBSCO, is a genealogy database that contains billions of historical records from all over the world to support family history research. Remote access and a mobile-friendly interface make it the most convenient genealogy product for libraries and institutions.
- More than 18.5 billion historical records from all over the world
- U.S. federal census records (1790-1950) with images
- U.K. census records (1841-1901) with images
- More than 5 billion exclusive family tree profiles from MyHeritage and Geni
- More than 816 million U.S. public records
- Billions of records from Europe, including France and the Nordic countries
- More than 100 million tombstone photos
- More than 500 million historical photograph
- Military records, immigration records and passenger lists
- Citizenship and naturalization records
- Directories, guides, references, biographies and yearbooks
- Government, land and court records
- Wills and probate records
- Exclusive databases such as the Jewish Chronicle historical newspaper
- Additional content under license including Tributes obituaries, WikiTree, Billion Graves, Canadian Headstones and many others
- More than 100 million records added each month
Q. How do I search in MyHeritage Library Edition?
Searches can be performed directly from the main landing page of the MyHeritage Library Edition. There is an option to perform a Basic Search with fewer search parameters, as well as an Advanced Search which gives additional options for dates, relationships, etc., to help narrow the search.
Clicking on the map below the main search box on the homepage enables the user to focus their search in a particular geographical area, country, or sub-region (sub-regions are available for search in records from the US, UK, Australia, and Canada only).
Another option is to search by collection. At the right there is a menu listing categories of collections (Census & Voter Lists, Marriage & Divorce, etc.), and clicking on them opens a page where collections in that category are displayed. Each collection has its own search page where a basic or advanced search can be performed just in that collection.
Example: How do I perform a basic search in marriage records from Spain?
From the home page, you have two options.
Using the map tool at the bottom of the home page, click on Europe and then the link to Spain. This will bring you to the Spain collections landing page.
At right, you will see the link for Spain, Marriages, 1565-1950. Click on the link and you will arrive at a basic search page limited to that collection.
From the home page, click on Marriage & Divorce in the right-hand menu. The Marriage & Divorce landing page displays the different collections available in this sub-category.
Click on Spain, Marriages, 1565-1950 to arrive at the basic search page for this collection.
Q. Can I save searches in MyHeritage Library Edition?
There is currently no option to save searches.
phone / email / text hours: