Last Updated: Jun 19, 2017 Views: 1544
LINK+ (Link Plus) is a free service that allows Library cardholders to borrow books not available from the San Francisco Public Library. LINK+ is a cooperative effort among many California & Nevada public and academic libraries.
Effective Friday, April 28, 2017, eight (8) libraries from the California State University system will cease to participate in Link+ resource sharing. SFPL patrons will no longer have access to content from Cal Poly Pomona, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, CSU East Bay, Fresno, Stanislaus, San Francisco State, San Jose State, and Sonoma State.
- Items usually arrive within 5 days.
- The loan period is 21 days with one renewal (for an additional 21 days).
- There is no charge to request or borrow LINK+ materials.
- Please note: If an item is lost, there is a $115 replacement charge payable to the lending library. Some libraries may accept a replacement copy or list price of the lost item. Contact the Interlibrary Loan Department (415-557-4406) for more information.
How it Works
- Search the LINK+ catalog and find the title you are not able to find at SFPL.
- Click "request" then select "San Francisco Public" from the drop down menu and click "submit."
- Enter your name, library card number, select the pickup location from the drop-down menu, and click "Submit"
- If the item is available you will see the message "Your request was successful."
- The Library will notify you when your item is ready for pick up.
How are LINK+ books checked out?
The Library will notify you when LINK+ items are ready for you to borrow. Check out LINK+ books at the pickup location you selected upon request when you are notified that they have arrived. They will be held for 10 days. LINK+ books are not kept on the self-service holds shelves, so please ask a staff person for assistance.
How are LINK+ books returned?
Return LINK+ books directly to a staff person at any San Francisco Public Library returns desk and get a receipt. Do not put LINK+ books in the book drop or automated return.
A LINK+ book may only be renewed once for an additional 21 days. You may renew a LINK+ book at any SFPL location or through the Library's website. LINK+ materials cannot be renewed via the SFPL automated telephone renewal service. However, materials can be renewed by phone by calling your local SFPL branch.
LINK+ materials cannot be renewed any sooner than 72 hours prior to the due date.
Items that are overdue might not be eligible for a renewal.
- Only books can be borrowed through LINK+. Check the Library's online catalog before using LINK+. If SFPL does not own the book, or if all our copies of the book are unavailable, you may request a copy from LINK+ if there is one with an "available" status.
- You will not be able to initiate a LINK+ request if you have:
- a Welcome card, Digital Access Card, Teacher Card, or Visitor Card.
- overdue fines or materials
- Each LINK+ request is counted as a HOLD on your library record. You may have a total of 20 holds.
- You may borrow a total of 20 items via LINK+.
- The average waiting time for a LINK+ request is four (4) days.
- Please do NOT remove the LINK+ information band from the book at any time.
- Overdue materials incur fines:
- Adults: 10 cents a day
- Seniors: 5 cents a day
- Children and Teens: no fines
- For lost or damaged LINK+ books, replacement charges are $115, payable to the lending library. Some libraries may accept a replacement copy or list price of the lost item. Contact the Interlibrary Loan Department (415-557-4406) for more information.
Chat & Phone Hours