Last Updated: May 25, 2023 Views: 55480
LINK+ (Link Plus) is a free service that allows cardholders to borrow books not available at the San Francisco Public Library. LINK+ is a cooperative effort among many California and Nevada public and academic libraries.
How it Works
- Search the LINK+ catalog and find the title you are not able to find at SFPL. If you can't find it, you may use InterLibrary Loan.
- If the item status is "AVAILABLE," click "Request it", then select "San Francisco Public" from the drop down menu and click "Submit."
- Enter your name, library card number, select the pickup location from the drop-down menu, and click "Submit."
- If the item is available, you will see the message "Your request was successful."
- The Library will notify you when your item is ready for pick up.
How are LINK+ books checked out?
When you receive notification, your LINK+ books will be ready for you to checkout at the pickup location you selected upon request. Items are held for 10 days. LINK+ books are not kept on the self-service holds shelves. Please ask a staff person for assistance.
How are LINK+ books returned?
Return LINK+ books directly to a staff person at any San Francisco Public Library returns desk and get a receipt. Do not put LINK+ books in the book drop or automated return.
- LINK+ books will be automatically renewed once, for an additional 3 weeks, if not in-demand.
- LINK+ books cannot be renewed via the SFPL automated telephone renewal service.
- LINK+ books cannot be renewed any sooner than 72 hours prior to the due date.
- Books that are overdue might not be eligible for renewal.
- Only books can be borrowed through LINK+.
- Check the Library's online catalog before using LINK+. If SFPL does not own the book, or if all our copies of the book are unavailable, you may request a copy from LINK+ if there is one with "AVAILABLE" status.
- You will not be able to initiate a LINK+ request if you have a:
- Welcome card, Digital Access Card, Teacher Card, or Visitor Card
- blocked Library card account
- Each LINK+ request is counted as a HOLD on your library record. You may have a total of 30 holds including LINK+ and SFPL items.
- You may borrow a total of 20 LINK+ books.
- The average waiting time for a LINK+ request is four (4) days.
- Please do NOT remove the LINK+ information label from the book at any time.
For a lost or damaged item, LINK+ has a default replacement fee of $115. However, SFPL may be able to negotiate a lower replacement fee; call 415-557-4406 to discuss before paying. LINK+ fees must be paid to the owning library via check or money order.
phone / email / text hours: