Last Updated: Feb 05, 2018 Views: 4444
LINK+ (Link Plus) is a free service that allows cardholders to borrow books not available at the San Francisco Public Library. LINK+ is a cooperative effort among many California & Nevada public and academic libraries.
How it Works
- Search the LINK+ catalog and find the title you are not able to find at SFPL. If you can't find it, you may use InterLibrary Loan
- Click "request" then select "San Francisco Public" from the drop down menu and click "submit."
- Enter your name, library card number, select the pickup location from the drop-down menu, and click "Submit"
- If the item is available you will see the message "Your request was successful."
- The Library will notify you when your item is ready for pick up.
How are LINK+ books checked out?
When you receive notification, your LINK+ books will be ready for you to checkout at the pickup location you selected upon request. Items are held for 10 days. LINK+ books are not kept on the self-service holds shelves, so please ask a staff person for assistance.
How are LINK+ books returned?
Return LINK+ books directly to a staff person at any San Francisco Public Library returns desk and get a receipt. Do not put LINK+ books in the book drop or automated return.
A LINK+ book may only be renewed once for an additional 21 days. You may renew a LINK+ book at any SFPL location or through the Library's website. LINK+ materials cannot be renewed via the SFPL automated telephone renewal service. However, materials can be renewed by phone by calling your local SFPL branch.
LINK+ materials cannot be renewed any sooner than 72 hours prior to the due date.
Items that are overdue might not be eligible for a renewal.
- Only books can be borrowed through LINK+.
- Check the Library's online catalog before using LINK+. If SFPL does not own the book, or if all our copies of the book are unavailable, you may request a copy from LINK+ if there is one with an "available" status.
- You will not be able to initiate a LINK+ request if you have:
- a Welcome card, Digital Access Card, Teacher Card, or Visitor Card.
- overdue fines or materials
- Each LINK+ request is counted as a HOLD on your library record. You may have a total of 20 holds.
- You may borrow a total of 20 items via LINK+.
- The average waiting time for a LINK+ request is four (4) days.
- Please do NOT remove the LINK+ information band from the book at any time.
- Overdue materials incur fines:
- Adults: 10 cents a day
- Seniors: 5 cents a day
- Children and Teens: no fines
- For lost or damaged LINK+ books, replacement charges are up to $115, payable to the lending library. Some libraries may accept a replacement copy or list price of the lost item. Contact the Interlibrary Loan Department (415-557-4406) for more information.
Chat & Phone Hours